Food can be so magical. The way its aroma can transport you to a specific place or time in your memory. And that’s why I believe every great moment should be celebrated with great food.
This year, Bertolli® is celebrating their 150th Anniversary, and their Tuscan heritage with Bertolli Riserva sauces. This new line of super-premium sauces uses only fresh authentic ingredients like Parmigino-Reggiano and extra virgin olive oil, without any artificial colors, leaving you with a Tuscan-inspired experience right in your own kitchen.
|"This Post has been sponsored by Bertolli. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and were in no way influence."|
In celebration of Bertolli (and because good food is a reason to celebrate all in its own) I recreated a version of our summer favorite Tuscan Chicken & Sausage Skewers, but with the cold weather approaching I decided to bring this dish indoors with a little help from my frying pan and a sensational pairing of Bertolli Riserva Marinara with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, reserving 2 Tbsps.
- 1/3 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2” pieces
- Thin sliced prosciutto, cut each slice in half
- 1 lbs. sausage boiled and cut into 2” pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
On medium/low heat in a sauté pan, heat oil, rosemary and parsley for about 1 minute; add chicken in an even layer on the bottom of the skillet. Leave the chicken untouched to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until the bottom develops a light brown sear. Turn the chicken with a spatula or wooden spoon to cook the remaining sides. Stir the chicken every 30 seconds to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Set chicken aside.
In fresh pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil, add sausage pieces. Cook until browned. Take your cooled chicken and wrap about half the pieces in thin slice prosciutto. It should wrap and stick to itself very easily. Return chicken and wrap chicken to pan with sausage and heat. You may add salt and pepper to taste along with a bit of fresh rosemary and parsley as desired.
Serve over a string spaghetti, topped with Bertolli Riserva Marinara.
Bertolli Riserva adds a flavor twist to your favorite dishes, bring that Tuscany feel right to your kitchen table, and is available in four exciting flavors.
- Balsamic Vinegar with Caramelized Onions: Aged balsamic vinegar and sweet caramelized onions create a delicious, tasty, tangy experience. This hearty sauce pairs nicely with fusilli pasta or chicken for a warm and comforting entree.
- Asiago Cheese with Artichokes: Aged Asiago cheese and tender artichokes are paired for a delectable, savory taste experience reminiscent of centuries of Tuscan tradition.
- Porcini Mushroom with White Truffle oil: Shade-grown porcini mushrooms and decadent white truffle oil create an indulgently rich taste and aroma that spills out of your kitchen and beckons close friends and family to the table; serves beautifully with fettuccine pasta or chicken.
- Mariniara with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese: Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano and extra virgin oil marry freshly crushed garlic and vine-rippened, freshly crushed tomatoes in this classic sauce.
I have to say I am really excited by this line of sauce. Sometimes when I really enjoy something I go overboard and sound a little robotic. So, I am going to leave it as you must try this sauce. It is truly the best I have tasted, the flavors are rich and true to taste, and dare I say better than my homemade (that hurt). This sauce brings that magic I was talking about. The smells and taste transform your table into a Tuscan experience you'll want to celebrate with every day.
Join me and create your own Tuscan experience right in your kitchen. Throughout October for each #MyTuscanTable social media share, Bertolli will donate funds to help No Kid Hungry feed kids in need 10 healthy meals, with a minimum donation of half a million meals.
So let's see what you got. Share your Tuscan inspired meal, fresh breads and cheese, tuscan table decor, or whatever it is that brings Tuscany to your kitchen table using #MyTuscanTable and help give the gift a meal via Bertolli to the No Kid Hungry organization.
Buy It: Help inspire your Tuscan Table with Bertolli Riserva premium-sauces available now at select grocery and mass retailer nationwide. MSRP $5.99 per 24oz jar. Grab your $1.50 off coupon here, while supplies last.