This article is sponsored by Three New Breakfast and Snack Items from General Mills at Publix-- Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars
February, is American Heart Month, and since our best weapon against heart disease is good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, this month I’ve taken the initiative to prepare healthy snacks and meals for my family, with the focus on a healthy heart. And healthy snacking has never been easier thanks to some great new General Mills products!
New Cheerios ® + Ancient Grains helps you kick start your morning with only 5 grams of sugar and ancient grains such as KAMUT wheat, spelt, and quinoa. These toasted whole grain oats and clusters are lightly sweetened for the perfect taste. So what makes this tasty blend so good for you and even your heart?
Why they’re so good for you:
- 12 Vitamins & Minerals
- 17g Whole Grain Per Serving*
- Low in Fat and Saturated Fat and cholesterol free
May Reduce Risk of Heart Disease**
Certified by the American Heart Association, Learn more at least 48g recommended daily
**Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease
We enjoy Cheerios® + Ancient Grains as a satisfying breakfast options, but with all that goodness, I wanted to incorporated them further into our day. And doing so was easy with this delicious snack mix recipe perfect for snacking at home, or packed in a little baggy for on-the-go snacking kids love!
- 7 cups Cheerios™ + Ancient Grains cereal
- 2 cups roasted whole almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and almonds.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter and honey uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture comes to a full boil and butter is melted. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is well coated and looks glazed.
- Stir in cranberries; mix well. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in air-tight container.
With all of General Mills new snack choice like: Cheerios + Ancient Grans, Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bar, and Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, your snack options are not only endless, but good for you too! Just think of all the great recipes you can come up with!
Try this recipe and other delicious snack options from General Mills and save while shopping at Publix! Right now until 2/11 you can find in-store savings at Publix where these great deals are featured:
• Buy one get one free on Cheerios Ancient Grains
• Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bars at 2 for $5
Additionally, you can discover more recipes and grab your 75¢when you buy ONE BOX Cheerios™ Ancient Grains cereal, printable coupon, at www.ReadyPlanSave. com while supplies last.
Want more savings? Check this offer out!
• Save 50¢ on Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bar. Visit www.everydaysaver. com/NVNutCrisp to print your coupon.
Experience the great tastes of these General Mills products for yourself by enter to win $15 in Paypal cash! All you need to do to enter is visit one of the new General Mills product pages and find your recipe inspiration. Come back here and comment with your favorite recipe and thoughts on these new products--Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars.