What are you doing today? While some people use the days before Christmas for cooking and baking, I will be cleaning and utilizing the Pronto 1000CH Eco-friendly steam cleaner. In fact, I am probably not as alone as I think, since most people do more cleaning before their holiday guests arrive than they do any other time of year! So how do we get through the cleaning quickly and easily? Try these Quick and Easy tips from *Donna Smallin Kuper, “One-Minute” cleaning Expert and Best Selling Author.
- Do like Santa and make a list. Take a quick walk through your home, room by room. Create a checklist of what needs to be done in preparation for guests. Perhaps in the guest room you need to freshen linens or clean out the closet-- or get that luggage rack you've been meaning to buy. Ready the guest room first and then focus on the rest of the house.
- Set an early deadline. Aim to have your cleaning and everything done a day or two in advance so you are rested, relaxed, and enjoy yourself when guests arrive.
- Declutter first. It's much easier to clean without clutter in your way. Where do you begin? Start by clearing kitchen countertops. Not only are you going to need extra counterspace for food preparation but the kitchen is the hub of holiday activity and decluttering will make your home instantly look neater!
- Keep your floors spotless. With the extra foot traffic and food preparation, you'll need to clean your floors more often to keep them looking spotless, especially in your kitchen. A steam floor mop such as the Reliable Steamboy PRO will make that chore a snap. It heats up in less than 30 seconds, sanitizes your sealed hard floors and freshens your carpets fast-- without the use of harsh chemicals. It also has a built-in scrub brush that simultaneously steams and scrubs grout, making tile look like new again. Although no one will be eating off your floor (except maybe your dog), it’s nice to know they will be that clean!
- Get into the spirit of giving. Donate items you no longer use or love, including holiday decorations you haven't put up in years. Visit www.donationtown.org to find a local charity that will gladly accept your donations.
- Focus on high-traffic areas. If your home is due for a full-home cleaning and you have the time and energy to do it, go for it! Otherwise, save the deep cleaning for after the holidays and focus on cleaning the high-traffic areas such as the kitchen, bathrooms and the living room. Do you have pets? Your home shouldn't smell like one. Did you know that you can get rid of “eau de dog” and eliminate cat litter odors by steam cleaning? Try the Reliable EnviroMate Pronto portable steam cleaner and fabric steamer to remove those nasty smells as well as freshen. Continue to put it to work in other troubled areas such as your bathroom and kitchen to steam and sanitize sealed surfaces.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Make room for holiday dishes by emptying out your refrigerator before you go grocery shopping. While you're at it, you can clean out the pantry and donate any unopened canned and boxed goods to a local food bank.
- Expect the unexpected. Allow for extra time and prepare for the unexpected. For example, you don’t want to begin setting the table only to find the tablecloth wrinkled or that the glasses are spotted minutes before guests arrive. A quick way to eliminate spots on glassware and silverware is to wipe them with a fine-weave microfiber cloth that's been spritzed with water. A very helpful tool for tackling tablecloths and napkins is the Reliable Sensor Velocity steam iron. The vertical steam feature allows you to easily remove wrinkles from the hanging sides of the tablecloth for added convenience. Set the table a day or two in advance to take care of any surprises (this will also keep your table free of clutter).
- Plan for a mess. You will inevitably have a mess to clean up, so be prepared. Spot clean stains immediately. Do not allow stains to sit on furniture, carpets or clothes overnight. Here’s a tip to clean up the dreaded red wine spill: Blot up as much liquid as you can with a clean, damp white towel and pour 3% hydrogen peroxide on the stain. Cover with a towel and allow to sit overnight with something heavy on the towel to help it absorb the stain.
- Don’t play the martyr. If a guest asks what they can do to help, hand them a dish towel or broom-- don’t be shy!
*About Donna Smallin Kuper
Through her own special brand of inspiration and practical tips for“cleaning smarter, not harder”, Donna helps consumers lead happier, cleaner and less stressful lives. Donna’s print books have sold over one million copies worldwide. On December 16th, 2014, Donna will be launching her new book, “Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness”-- just in time for the holidays! As a leading authority on cleaning and one of the organizing industry’s most recognized and respected experts, Donna frequently appears on national television and radio as well as often quoted in major print and online publications (www.unclutter.com).
The Pronto 100CH Eco-Friendly steam Cleaner & Fabric Steamer
I’ve been utilizing these tips throughout the week trying to speed up the cleaning process. Unfortunately, with 5 children, 2 dogs, and a cat we were in need of a deep cleaning, making the Pronto 100CH Eco-Friendly steam Cleaner my new best friend.
The Pronto portable steam cleaner and fabric steamer, sanitizes and steams garments without the chemicals, making cleaning safe an efficient. I put this bad boy to work in the toughest area of my home. The boy’s bathroom, which has white tile and black grout. Oh, wait. I think the grout was once white.
The Pronto Steam Cleaner eliminates mold, mildew and discolored grout with its tough steam power. I put the steam technology to work on the floor first, which did take me quite some time to finish, but the result was well worth it. Including a versatile 15 piece accessory kit, adjustable steam control, and a compact size. By simply attaching the hose and scrub brush to the Pronto, I was able to steam (and sanitize) that black grout back to white. I really had lost all hope. Not only was the tile clean again, but the urine smell (boys' miss a lot) was totally eliminated from the bathroom and I was able to blast away the mold and mildew build up from around the faucets. Usually I have to break out the bleach, toothbrush, and a tooth pick to get rid of that gunk.
Today the Pronto Steam Cleaner will tackle my kitchen and I am completely excited to use it again. Yup, pretty sure I just wrote I was excited to clean this devise much be amazing!
The Pronto 100CH Steam Cleaner and Fabric Steamer is available at www.reliablecorporation.com for the SRP of $99
Product received for review purpose. All opinions expressed are my own and yours may differ.