I would never deny my addiction to a certain set of games available via Facebook and iOS. Typically, these are more strategic or puzzle like games that just suck me in and leave me hooked. My kids on the other hand have been enjoying games like Moshi Monsters. And now I can say I do too!
Mind Candy (the creators of Moshi Monsters) have launched their first game targeted to the moms and dads of their millions of young fans with the new Moshling Rescue. This free-to-play Match 3 title is the latest installment of the franchise available now on iOS and Facebook, and marks Mind Candy's first major foray into the North American market.
In Moshling Rescue you’ll match colorful gummies in lines of three or more to make them disappear, rescuing Moshling characters as you work your way through the levels, traveling to the “top” of Moshi World.
If you enjoy (or are possibly even addicted to) similar match type puzzle games, you’ll love Moshling Rescue and appreciate the unique in game function, with six different modes catering to a specific level of gamer in all of us.
- Home mode For the first time in a game of this genre, players must collect specific gummies to move the Moshling across a game-style track to reach home.
- Boss mode - Big Bad Bill tries his best to prevent players from reaching their goal.
- Dig mode explode and select gummies to dig further down the screen to complete the level.
- Drop mode - Rescue the Moshlings by dropping them down through a big stack of gummies.
- Clear mode - Everything is covered in gloop! Match over it to clean it all away.
- Treasure mode Unlock treasure and win jellybeans by merging sacks, crates & chests together.
Moshling Rescue is free to play and download, but of course carries the ability to make in-app purchase in the Moshling Rescue store. More specifically, the game allows virtual jellybeans to be spent on extra lives and ‘shield boosts’. When connected to Facebook you can ask friends who also play to send jellybeans or purchase them yourself. And like with similar games, you can pickup right where you left off, whether you connect to the game through PC, Tablet or smartphone!
I have to say I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the game so far. Each level increase slightly in difficulty and at certain times moves require a little advanced planning. I enjoy having something to occupy my time at the doctor’s office or on the parent pickup line, and Moshling Rescue is satisfying those needs and providing a lot of enjoyment too!
If you enjoy strategic match games, where swapping gummies and creating chains boosts your score, sending you through to the next level, this is the next game you should be trying. But, don't say I didn't warn you.... Moshling Rescue might just be your next addiction!