We've reached the heart of summer and have been having a blast. This summer, with five very fair children, we have been stepping up our sun care routine and enjoying the ease of some of our favorite Banana Boat products. With the entire month of August still ahead of us, there is still plenty of time for everyone to have a little fun in the sun. Did you know the sun can provide you with some benefits, like helping regulate your sleep cycle, making you feel good, and getting that vitamin D production revved up? But with the good comes the bad. Exposure to the sun can also lead to premature wrinkles, sun spots, and skin cancer. This doesn't mean you have to spend your entire summer hiding indoors though. With Banana Boat and these 5 simple sun care tips, we can all have the best summer ever!
- Get the most out of your sunblock. Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and then at least every 2 hours thereafter. Try Banana Boats™ Sport Performance with Powerstay Technology™, the brands latest innovation, which helps sunscreen stay on strong throughout all outdoor activities.
- Get Broad-spectrum coverage. While UVB rays from the sun cause sunburn, UVA rays from the sun are the primary cause of skin cancer and wrinkles. Make sure your sunblock reads broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection. Try Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen 2-in-1™ UVA/UVB Sunscreen + All Day Moisturizer.
- Don’t forget the toes! There is the potential to get sunburn on any exposed area of skin. Ever had sunburn between your toes? I have! And it wasn't pleasant. When applying your sunscreen remember the overlooked areas like your ear, nose, toes and the backs of your knees. Banana Boats™ Clear UltraMist formulas make it easy to reach and apply sunscreen to these and other hard to reach areas, with a simple clear mist spray that leave you with a non-greasy invisible line of protection.
- Apply liberally. Most people simply don’t apply enough sunscreen. Apply liberally to all areas and remember to repeat. I think this issue comes down to people simply not enjoying the feeling of heavy, greasy sunscreens, in globs, on their skin. But, since it is very important for you to apply the proper amount of sunscreen, check out you options. There are many great formula’s available in fine mist sprays, hydrating formulas and fast absorbing sunblock’s. Find what you like.
- Make it an everyday affair. Sunscreen isn't just for a day at the beach. Make sun protection part of your everyday routine. Start choosing moisturizers or foundations that are at least an SPF 15 or higher; opt to make a fashion statement and throw on a hat, and remember just because it’s cloudy out, it doesn't mean the UVB/UBA rays aren’t reaching you. Some of the worse sunburns occur on cloudy says when people think they need no protection. Stay protected every day, every season!
Want more tips, tools to help you and your family stay safe in the sun? How about prizes too?! Then check out the BEST SUMMER EVER SWEEPSTAKES!
Teaming up with actress and mother of two, Busy Philipps. Banana Boat© is bringing moms and their families tips, tools and fun prizes all summer long on their Facebook page. Prizes include an amazing grand prize, family trip to a Treehouse Resort! So head on over to the Banana Boat Facebook Page before July 31st, 2014 and enter for your chance at great prizes and more tips to keep you and your family protected and having the best summer ever!!