Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe
|Ingredients and info provided by Platefull Co-Op for purppose of preparing and sharing this recipe. All opinions are my own.|
Prep Time: 15 min
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 cup dried Banana Chips
- 1 package (7oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 jar (3oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsps. Butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup thawed pineapple juice concentrate
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix Chex, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
2. In microwave safe bowl or cup, microwave butter uncovered on high for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice. Pour over cereal mix, stir until coated evenly.
3. Microwave bowl of cereal mixture on high, uncovered, 6-8 minutes; stirring frequently, until mix begins to brown.
4. Spread on wax paper to cool; store in air tight container.
5. Place in serving bowl. Serves about 20
Visit your local Publix for deals on Chex Mix and other General Mills products.