Did you know that 2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of the Buffalo Wing! Created in 1964 in none other than Buffalo NY, the original Buffalo Wing recipe was as simple as combining a little butter with Frank’s RedHot sauce. Many things have changed over the past 50 years, but one thing has remained a constant; the authentic Buffalo flavor can only be achieved with Frank’s RedHot, the secret ingredient in the original wing sauce recipe. With the big game day coming up there is no better time to celebrate the anniversary of wings. And with more than 1.25 billion wings served and consumed during Super Bowl weekend, what would a Super Bowl party be without the wings?!
Hosting or attending a Super Bowl party? Try this sure to please simple wing recipes
Franks RedHot Original Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time 20 min.
- 2 1/2lbs chicken wing pieces
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Wing Sauce (any flavor)
1. Bake wings in a foil lined pan at 500 degrees on the lowest oven rack for 20 minutes or until crispy; turn once.
2. Toss Wings in sauce to coat
Alternate cooking directions: Deep-fry at 375 for 10 minutes or broil 6inches from heat 15-20 minutes.
Want to switch it up some? Try Honey BBQ Sesame Wings
- ¼ cup honey BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup apricot Jam
- 1 Tbsp. Asian sesame oil
- 2 1/2 lbs Chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Combine BBQ sauce, Frank’s, jam and sesame oil; set aside.
- Deep fry wings at 375 for 10 minutes or until cooked and crisp; drain.
- Toss wing with jam mixture; serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Can't decide on your favorite? Try them both. We were certainly a house divided, so what is a
pregnant girl to do, but to prepare them both once again come game day! If your looking for more game day favorites visit FranksRedHot.com for additional recipes and ideas.
Buy It: Find Frank's RedHot sauces at your local grocer or super center
Win It: Celebrate 50 years of wings with Franks! Enter to win a prize pack including:
- Super Bowl Press Release with recipes
- Frank's RedHot Backpack
- Frank's Drink Coozie
- Frank's RedHot Keychain
- Frank's Blinking Hot Lips
- Frank's RedHot Magnet
- 3 Coupons for product
Disclosure: Products and info received to help facilitate this review. Additional prize pack provided by Frank's RedHot or representing PR Agency.