Looking to make a change this New Year? Cut back on your sugar intake by switching to Monk Fruit In The Raw, a wholesome, zero-calorie sweetener, made from delicious vine-ripened monk fruit, native to South East Asia. This reduced sugar and calorie sweetener can be used in all your favorite recipes as a healthier alternative to sugar without the flavor sacrifice!
Try Monk Fruit In The Raw, this New Years, in all your traditional favorites. We tried this great Chunky Oatmeal Cookie recipe for Santa and they were delicious!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, cold
- 1/3 cup canola oil, chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Place racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2 In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In larger bowl, whisk the egg. While whisking, gradually add the oil, beating until the mixture resembles loose mayonnaise. Whisk in the sugar and Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag. Add half the dry ingredients and use a flexible spatula to combine them. Mix in the applesauce and vanilla, then the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in the oats, cranberries, raisins, and almonds, mixing to distribute them evenly.
3. Drop the batter in heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the mounds 2 inches apart. Using your fingers, shape each mound into a 1 1/2-inch round, rinsing your fingers with water when they get sticky.
4. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, then switch the position of the pans in the oven and rotate the pans 180 degrees. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cookies are cinnamon brown. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Stored in an airtight container, these cookies will keep for 1 week.
Buy It: Find Monk Fruit In The Raw, in packets and Bakers Bags for easy beverages or baking as they measures cup for cup like sugar.