Are you sick of your home decor, but don’t have the budget to blow it on all new furnishings or artwork? Don’t stress - with a little creativity and maybe a trip or two to your local home improvement store like Home Depot or Sears, you can make over any room you want without blowing your monthly budget. Here are five ideas we think will really make any room look like new.
1. Come Up With Alternatives To Boring Framed PhotosEveryone loves a good photo, but that doesn’t mean that you have to stick to boring basic frames. Rethinking how you frame your photos can be a good alternative to buying new prints or frames. Instead of using frames to put up pictures, you can paint a wall with a magnetic primer, and use magnets to hold up your photos. This allows you to swap out photos and artwork whenever you feel like it. You can also put up string along a wall, and clip your favorite pictures and illustrations for easy decorations. Think outside the frame, and your rooms will look fresher than ever.
2. Make Your Couch Look Nicer With A Slipcover
Chances are, you really can’t afford to replace the sofa right now, even though it’s kind of ratty. An easy way to make it look a lot nicer is to get a new slipcover from a store like Kmart to cover your old couch, and it will instantly brighten up your living room and make your sofa seem like a completely new piece of furniture. To further enhance the new look, change the covers on your throw pillows, or check your closet for old ones you have stashed away.
3. Use Chalkboard Paint For Commitment Free Labeling
Need a place to jot down your to-do list for the week, or remember your kids’ soccer lessons and doctors’ appointments? Need to switch the oatmeal container with the flour container? Use chalkboard paint on the wall, and on your glass canisters for an easy and cheap decorative touch. The best part? You can change it whenever you want.
4. Take The Doors Off Your Cabinets For Open Shelving
We should warn you: you should only attempt open shelving if you are confident about keeping it organized. Otherwise, if you have a tendency towards clutter and disorganization, you might want to leave the doors on your cabinets intact. Removing the doors from your kitchen cabinets will open up the room, and allow you to see where everything is and easily locate what you need when you need it.
5. Hang A Mirror, Or Two, To Open Up A Room
Have a lovely mirror stashed in your basement or garage? Take it out, and refresh it with some spray paint, and hang it up in your living room or guest bedroom. It will open up and brighten any room you add it to. If you don’t have a mirror yourself, you can always go shopping at flea markets or antique stores or yard sales to score one on the cheap.
About: By Allison Preston. Allison is an avid shopper and an experienced writer with a passion for deals and coupons and for saving her readers money. She currently writes for leading coupon and online promo code site bluepromocode.com based in Santa Monica, California.