|Product(s) and information in this post were provided to help facilitate this review. All opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced. Your opinion may differ.|
Safe Sleep Practices Provided by HALOALWAYS
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Swaddeling is important for giving a newborn that sense of security, but as many mothers have come to realize, as a baby becomes more active, those blankets used for swaddling can become loose and possibly pose a threat. This is why I’ve always turned to HALO Swaddle SleepSacks as an alternative to traditional swaddling blankets.
HALO SleepSacks are wearable blankets that replace loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing. From Halo Swaddle SleepSacks to Big Kid SleepSacks, HALO has you covered every step of the way.
Did you know that 80-90% of SIDS-related deaths are due to unsafe sleep practices?
HALO Swaddle SleepSacks are simple to use and keep baby safe and comfortable. And I must admit, even after four kids I still haven’t got the swaddling technique down quite right. With HALO Swaddle SleepSacks it’s as easy as 1,2,3!
2-in-1 adjustable swaddle that allows for swaddling arms in or arms out.
Inverted zipper for easy diaper changes.
Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets.
Discontinue swaddling when the baby shows signs of rolling over or breaking out of the swaddle wrap.
In honor of SIDS awarness, for the entire month of October, HALO will be donating $1 to SIDS Awareness for each new Facebook like. To show your support all it takes is a simple like. Please take a moment to regonize this important cause and maybe even spread the word and get friends and family to also like the HALO Faebook page. Remember every dollar counts and every like is a dollar!
Buy It: Purchase HALO SleepSacks in sizes NB to 5T at Target, Babies-R-Us, Amazon and Halosleep.com for $24-$29
Win It: One lucky reader will win a HALO SleepSack in their choice of size.