- 3 thick cut, boneless chicken breast
- 1 bottle (12oz)Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce (any buffalo sauce will do, but we prefer Frank’s)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 24 mini rolls
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded*
- 1 cup carrots, shredded*
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion*
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning, prepared according to package.
*Time saving tip: Instead use 1 bag fresh coleslaw mix
In a slow cooker combine chicken, hot sauce, dry ranch seasoning, sugar, about 1/3 cup diced onion (reserving the rest) and vinegar. Cook on low for 6 hours.
On each mini roll place chicken (as much or little as you’d like) topping with slaw and red onion. Serve.
I use rolls slightly smaller than your typical slider for the kids. They appreciate the size and I can pack left overs in their lunch. As far as spiciness goes, I don’t find these overly spicy at all, but the extra small size makes certain the “spice” isn’t too overwhelming for my little guys (and girl!)