When it comes to soup or stew it's an instant winner in our house. I'm not sure what it is about soup, but it doesn't matter what's in it. As long as it called soup, they'll eat it. With all the soups that have passed through our dining room there is one clear favorite, a simple classic.....
Chicken & Rice SoupIngredients:
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- Celery, 4 stalks, diced
- Chicken Broth, 2 cups (1 container)
- 6 cups of warm water - I eye this and have never really measured. After you've added the broth continuing filling your pot with water until it's about 3/4 full.
- Wyler’s Chicken & Herb Bullion - 4 Cubes
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups of rice
Note - You can use shredded rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken leftovers or your own poached and shredded chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients, but the rice, in slow cooker; cook on low for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving time begin to prepare your rice; add cooked rice to slow cooker 10-15 minutes before serving time.
If you don't have a slow cooker, no big deal, this soup can be made on the stovetop. Cook for 30-45 minutes over medium heat, or until potatoes and carrots are softened, adding your cooked rice 10 minutes before serving.