It's no secret that I love chicken and am always trying new and different recipes to keep our weekly dinner menu exciting. Stuffed chicken breast is always a simple and completely, yummy way to spruce up your chicken meals. When you really think about it, the possibilities are endless when it comes to delicious fresh ingredients you can use to stuff chicken breast. This Cheesy Chicken Breast recipe is easily one of my family’s favorites - and it's pretty simple too!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Cheddar Cheese, cut into slices
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish with non-stick cooking oil spray.
- Slice each chicken breast through the middle – making like a book – cutting almost but not completely through. “Butter” each side of the sliced center with cream cheese, placing a slice of cheddar one in between.
- Pour milk into a medium bowl. In separate bowl combine, bread crumbs, red pepper and garlic powder; mix together. Dip each breast into milk, then into breadcrumbs. Place carefully into baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
This recipe was adapted from a version found on Cooks.com
More recipes from 3 Princes and a Princess 2 HERE