Does your child enjoy fruit? If so they will absolutely love Lil Snappers. I don’t know if it was the kid-sized fruit or the unique resalable packaging that stands in the refrigerator for easy access and storage, but I’ve never seen fruit disappear from our home quite so quickly.If you’re not familiar with the brand, Lil Snappers are premium, kid-sized fruits, grown by Sunkist and Stemilt and are found packaged in 3lbs bags that kids just love. With over 20 varieties of Lil Snappers – including organic options- even the pickiest fruit eater will be pleased.
We were sent 4 varieties of Lil Snappers for my children to try, and try them they did.
Three of the four bags were citrus fruits, from Cara Cara Navel Lil Snappers to Minneola Tangelo’s. Of the citrus, the California Mandarin Lil Snappers were easily my daughter’s favorite. With their sweet taste and small size my daughter thought these were the greatest thing ever. But once she realized she could peel them without help from Mom, the bag was gone in less than a day and a half!
We were also sent a delicious bag of Pink Lady Apples. These apples packed a crisp bite and a sweet, tart flavor. I knew these would make a tasty companion paired with many different flavor partners like peanut butter or cheese. By browsing the Lil Snappers website I was able to find a ton of fun and healthy recipes, I knew my children would adore. There were so many yummy treats I wasn’t sure what to try first, so I enlisted the help of my daughter. It took mere seconds for her to spot the Apple Blossoms and request them for lunch.
Apple Blossoms - Recipe by Lil Snappers
What you need:
- 1 Lil Snapper Kid Size Apple
- 3 ounces vanilla-flavored, greek style yogurt, or as preferred
- 2 teaspoons granola
- Chopped nuts, if desired
- Place an apple corer/slicer on top of apple and carefully press down, from top stem through core, leaving just a little bit of the bottom of the apple intact (this will help hold the “petals” (slices) of the apple together).
- Carefully pull the corer/slicer back up from the fruit (pushing slices down through cutter to help release it from the fruit). Using kitchen scissors carefully snip the core out of the center of the apple. Draw slices back in together to reform apple shape and transfer to serving plate or shallow bowl. Release slices of apple and gently fan out to resemble petals of a flower.
- Spoon yogurt into center of apple blossom and sprinkle with granola and some chopped nuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately. To eat, pull petals (apple slices) from blossom and dip into yogurt
The only issue I had was, of course, after my daughter chose this recipe I realized my apple corer was nowhere to be found. Working carefully with a knife I was able to core the apple, slice the apple into slices careful not to slice through the bottom and create my adaptation of “flower petals”
If you’re looking for healthy kid-friendly options for meal time check out Lil Snappers recipes page to find your next meal option or to get creative ideas. Trust me when you visit the site you’ll see how easy it is to mix and match ingredients etc. in most of Lil Snappers super creative and fun recipes!
Buy It: Lil Snappers is currently available in Louisiana (New Orleans), Florida (Jacksonville) and North Carolina at the following locations:
- Ingles Super Markets
- Harris Teeter Super Markets
- Winn Dixie Stores
- C&S Wholesale Groceries
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Lil Snappers. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.”