What you need:
- 2 cups shredded or chopped chicken, cooked
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can finely diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Cook bacon, until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; set bacon aside.
Add chicken to drippings in pan and sauté for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomato, oregano, salt and pepper, stirring constantly. Add bacon and chicken back to pot. Stir in water and broth; bring to a boil. Add beans and orzo, cooking until al dente.Remove from heat; stir vinegar, and salt.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.