I’ve been without a slow cooker for almost 6mths and I can’t even tell you how long it’s been since I used a pressure cooker. With the addition of the Fagor 3-in-1 Multi- Cooker I haven’t made a meal in my oven in over a week. I’m so excited to make some of my favorite slow cooker recipes again, and try few new pressure cooker recipes I found in the multi-cooker cookbook, like Pork Chops with Savory Mushroom Gravy.
I enjoyed this one so much, I had to share it.
What you need:
- 4 boneless chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Flour, all purpose – for dredging and sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 scallions, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8oz sour cream
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to about a half a cup of flour
- Dredge chops in flour heat oil in multi-cooker on BROWN setting.
- Brown chops on both sides. Remove chops and add white wine, stirring to release brown bits on bottom of cooker.
- Reduce wine to 2 tablespoons and then return pork chops to cooker.
- Add chicken broth and then put the onion slices and mushrooms over the chops.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove chops, reserving the liquid. Stir in 3 tablespoons of flour into the sour cream until smooth. Set cooker to brown and stir sour cream into reserved liquid, whisking continuously until thickened. Add scallions and serve.
I was nervous about this one at first, since I tend to way over cook my pork, just in case. I was surprised at how tender and juicy the chops were and I loved the gravy. I think I’m going to try the gravy over chicken breast next time.
There are so many of my favorite recipes I can finally bring to life again. On the menu for this week is some burgundy chicken, chicken chili and this recipe I’m dying to try that I found at wikitalks on how to cook pork shank in a multi-cooker. I think my husband will enjoy the switch from all the chicken I serve. What can I say? I love chicken!
Do you have any favorite multi-cooker recipes?
See my disclosure here