One of the top New Year’s Resolutions, as we all know, is to lose weight. Was that your resolution this year? With January coming to a close how are you doing sticking to your possible exercise routines or healthy eating? If your missing your favorite foods, maybe I can help you stick to your resolution a little longer.
Lots of folks think they need to cut back on favorite foods, like pasta, to meet New Year’s resolutions and eat healthy – but that doesn’t have to be the case. Did you know that Barilla has lines of healthy pasta options which are extremely good and good for you!
Barilla PLUS is multi-grain pasta rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber, while Barilla Whole Grain is made with 51 percent whole wheat. Barilla Whole Grain is all natural and an excellent source of fiber. It offers 28g of whole grains and 6g of fiber per serving, which is three times the fiber of traditional pasta. It is the ideal pasta for anyone seeking to increase their intake of fiber and whole grains without sacrificing taste. But the great tastes don’t stop there!
Looking to add more veggies to your diet? Barilla Veggie pasta is available in three delicious varieties, Farfalle made with Carrots & Squash, Rotini made with Zucchini & Spinach, and Penne made with Tomatoes & Carrots, Barilla Veggie blends the great taste of pasta with the goodness and natural colors of freshly pureed in-season vegetables. And best of all each 3.5oz portion provides 1 full serving of vegetables.
Lastly, if you’re looking to sneak some added nutrition into your children’s meals, Barilla White Fiber looks and tastes just like regular pasta, letting your whole family enjoy their favorite pasta meals, while also providing them with a hidden boost of the fiber and whole grains they need.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle includes making smart food choices. According to the FDA, "Diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods and low in total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers." That was certainly enough for me to give these tasty pastas a try. And with these new Barilla varieties it’s as easy as ever to create flavorful healthy meals anyone can enjoy.
On our menu last week was Creamy Spinach pasta with Barilla PLUS
What you need:
- 1/2 pound Barilla PLUS spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package. Drain and return to the saucepan.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt with the flour until smooth. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and chile and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring. Add the spinach cook until wilted, stirring. When all of the spinach has been added, stir in the lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the spaghetti and toss. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.
Totally tasty and good for you, just one of the many ways you can serve up your favorite Barilla pastas and keep on track with that New Year’s Resolution.
Buy It: Find Barilla Pasta and their healthier varieties at your local grocer or super center.
Win It: On elucky reader will win an assortment of Barilla Pasta in Whole Grain, PLUS, Veggie and White Fiber varieties.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was supplied with the above mentioned product(s) for review purpose only. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. My opinion is always my own and it no way influenced. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Thank you above company and or PR agency for supplying Giveaway Prize. This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook or G+ in anyway