On Friday I will be sharing with you a special giveaway from Kraft and a special holiday dessert of mine. To help get me inspired, however, Kraft sent me some of their favorite recipes to browse through. When I can across these cupcakes I just knew they would bring a smile to my kids’ faces and had to make them as an after school treat.
Green Slime Monster Cupcakes
What you need:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 to 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 tub (10.6 oz.) COOL WHIP Vanilla Whipped Frosting, thawed
- 24 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows cut in half
- 48 green candy-coated chocolate pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 24 blue candy-coated chocolate pieces (about 1/4 cup)
- 24 miniature taffy candies – I used cherry airheads
Heat oven to 350°F.
Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in green food coloring; spoon into pastry bag fitted with round tip. Refrigerate until ready to assemble cupcakes. Cut cone-shape piece from top of each cupcake. Pipe 1 Tbsp. pudding into each cupcake; replace cupcake top.
Stir food coloring into frosting; spread onto cupcakes. Decorate with remaining ingredients as shown in photo.
Stay tuned for my red velvet peppermint cupcakes and bakeware giveaway sponsored by Kraft foods.