Let me be honest here, I could not survive a day without coffee! Even more true is the fact that my husband can't survive and hour without coffee. Really, I couldn't even tell you how many pots I make a day and or night. I'm a morning coffee girl and my husband can drink six cups and pass out for then night - go figure.
We were recently introduced to Winchell Mountain Coffee. Now any coffee is a welcome addition in our home, but this coffee was special. They have a wonderful coffee collection by Sandra Boyton. Sandra is a cartoonist and once paired up with boutique coffee pioneer and master roaster Bob Rivkin they came up with a terrific brand of coffee. Coffee that LOOKS as good as it tastes!
How cute are these bags? We were delighted to get the chance to really see if the coffee was as good as the bag looks. We were sent bags of Country Morning, Wide Awake, Beach Blend, and Valentine's Day. I guess you can tell from my photo that Wide Awake and Country Morning were the first two we sampled. We absolutely loved the Wide Awake, in fact it was our favorite,. with a zesty and bold pick me up. Country Morning is described as a leisurely flavor but pack a punch to our taste buds. Definitely good but a little went a long way.
Valentines Day was our second favorite. This limited edition Viennese roast "An Affectionate Blend." would make great gift idea for the coffee fanatic! Beach Blend is a mellow mocha Java and now that I am reflecting on it's taste... maybe this was my favorite! It's hard because they were all different yet equally good.
Here are some quick facts about Winchell Mountain Coffee. Even though the Sandra Boyton collection is super fun, this is still a company serious about their coffee....
- They use beans from all around the world and will not accept a shipment until that harvest has been sampled repeatedly, both in its raw green form and in its roasted form.
- With these carefully selected beans, they create exclusive blends like the more rare single origin coffees called Yrgacheffe. Yrgacheffe is a region of Ethiopia and rumored to be where the first coffee bean came from.
- They roast their coffee in the old old-world tradition, only utilizing heat and hands
- They are obsessed with quality and will throw entire roasts away if the beans are not sampled perfectly.
- One-way goglio valve bags vacuum pack the beans so consumers are guaranteed the absolute freshness. Using this technology there is no air whatsoever entering the beans to spoil their integrity so the bags have a healthy shelf life of up to six months.
Buy It: Purchase Winchell Mountain Coffee online at http://www.winchellmountaincoffee.com/
Win It: In honor of cupids holiday Winchell Mountain Coffee is offering one lucky reader a bag of the limited edition "Valentine's Day: An Affectionate Blend" -- beans or ground, your choice. Winner will also receive a Sandra Boyton Coffee Mug and a 2012 Mom's Family Calender!