This Tax Season Fellowes is providing you with useful and simple tips to keep your family safe.
All families face the threat of identity theft—especially during tax season. Government documents, medical bills and store receipts all contain sensitive information that can lead to this costly crime. From sifting through the trash to checking mail boxes, identity thieves have elaborate methods of stealing information from homes. The best way to keep these criminals from obtaining your personal information is by shredding confidential paper documents after use.
Fellowes, Inc. recognizes the importance of minimizing risk of identity theft, one of the nation’s fastest growing crimes. As a result, Fellowes developed the following safety tips to help you protect your family from identity theft, both during tax season and throughout the year:
· Update personal computers with firewalls and security software, including antivirus programs.
· Contact the IRS (800-829-1040) if you do not receive W-2 forms and other sensitive information by February 15, as this may indicate that an identity thief intercepted such documents.
· Send tax returns from a locked mailbox/post office to ensure thieves cannot get to it before the postal service.
· If sending in tax forms via post mail, make sure all forms, identification documents and enclosed checks are not visible from the outside. Try wrapping everything in an extra sheet of paper to disguise its contents.
· Keep tax paperwork and other documents in a safe and accessible place, such as a fireproof box.
· After filing taxes, shred any backup documents with a Cross-Cut paper shredder, like Fellowes’ DS-1200Cs, which is essential because it shreds a single sheet of paper into hundreds of tiny particles to ensure confidential information is destroyed beyond recognition.
Fellowes has supplied me with, and will be giving one lucky reader one of the essential tools to keep your identity safe. The Fellowes® Ds-1200cs 12-sheet Cross-cut Shredder !
This Shredder is absolutely amazing if I do say so myself.
The Fellowes® Ds-1200cs 12-sheet Cross-cut Shredder Features patented SafeSense® technology, which stops the machine immediately when hands or large pets come too close to the paper opening. It Offers Cross-Cut technology, which destroys a single piece of paper into 399 particles!
The DS-1200Cs has the ability to shred CDs, DVDs, credit cards and staples. It is also capable of cross shredding 12 sheet of paper at one time.
This unit has some weight and size to it but is equipped with a 4 gallon pull out bin to make emptying your shredder easy and convenient.
Buy It: Keep you identity safe this Tax season and beyond with the Fellowes DS-Shredder purchasable at office Depot, Office Depot.com, and of course Amazon.com as well for 129.99
Winner was #222 of 911 Alicia said... 222 Extra Entries:
Giveaway ends on March 17th at 11:59pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48hrs to respond to notification via email before another winner is selected. Giveaway Open To U.S Residents only
This was not a paid post and honest opinions were used. Products, in this review were provided to me free of cost by PR agency or Manufacturer for review only and in no way influence my opinion. My opinions however are mine and yours may differ. Full disclosure always located in nav bar. Giveaway Product shipped by company I hold no responsibility.