1. Teach your children to wash their hands often. If washing isn't an option I always supply a bottle of sanitizer.
2. A good nights rest really does make a difference in their day.
3. Hydration ex specially living here is Florida. I always provide a extra bottle of water for the day. Since it's water it is usually OK with the teacher that they keep it at the desk and usually also recommended by them.
4. Healthy lunch~ Those little bodies and brain need their nutrition.
5. Physicals- A yearly checkup can make all the difference. You want to make sure they have no vision or hearing problems that unattended to could learn to learning problems.
6. Good hygiene- I think this one is a no brainer..It's important for children to practice good hygiene ex specially as adolescence approaches.
7. Communication- Talk to your children, let them know it's OK to come to you know matter what!
8. Rules- make sure your kids are clear of what is expected of them not only at home but in school as well.
9. Breakfast_ We always talk about a healthy lunch but what good is that lunch if it's all they can think about. Providing a healthy lunch helps them be fueled for the day and make it to lunch with a clear mind.
10. Tell them you love them EVERYDAY!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Airwear blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, visit http://airwear.twittermoms.com/about.